As we are all aware of, we are living in the 21st century which is a world of technology. Technology is getting higher and better as the day passes. Therefore, more people are relying on using the Internet as their primary source for communication. Hence more people might use the tool of Internet to cyber bully and the social risk will increase observably.
Image Obtained From: http://www.campusaccess.com/educ...law.html
The states which had implemented cyber laws are Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, New Jersey, Oregon, Missouri, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- School officials are permission to take action against cyber bullies even if the bullying did not happen in school itself.
- School officials are allowed to suspend their students if one is found guilty of bullying another through telephone or computer.
- Fines will be charged to an individual if one is found guilty of cyber bullying via electronic communication.
- Tougher and heavier punishment is added on top of the delinquents under the terms of state's laws for young offenders.
- Court sessions would be held for cyber bullying offenders and police officials will be getting involved as well.
Reference: Cyber Bullying Alert [Online] Retrieved on 17th March, 2010